At Flow, we do work we love for clients we love. And it shows, in the record 23 nominations we’ve received in the 2020 New Generation Social & Digital Media Awards.
The New Generation Social & Digital Media Awards are among the most prestigious digital media awards in South Africa. Many of our country’s leading agencies enter the awards, and the competition is tough; to date, Flow has won 40 New Generation Awards.
This year we’ve been shortlisted in 17 categories (also a record for us), for no fewer than nine clients. We even boast three finalists in the Online Strategy of the Year category, in another first for us.
This indicates the breadth of quality work we do for clients in a wide variety of sectors: from taking signature physical events online to executing powerful social media campaigns, and from building best-in-class websites to practising eye-catching online public relations.
Two of our clients – the Nelson Mandela Foundation and Gautrain – have been shortlisted five times each, the former for the innovative solution we came up with for taking the 2020 Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture virtual, and the latter for two social media campaigns we created and managed for them. Another, Constitution Hill, has four nominations.
“We’re elated at cracking the nod for so many of our clients,” says Flow Communications CEO Tara Turkington. “It shows that we have the creativity and versatility to produce first-class communications for just about anyone – and above all, achieve results.”
Flow has also been nominated in the Medium to Large Agency of the Year category.
Flow’s nominations for the 2020 New Generation Awards are as follows:
- Nelson Mandela Foundation: Most Innovative App Developed by a Corporate, Best Use of Technical Innovation, Excellence in Content Marketing, Most Innovative App Developed by an Agency, Online Strategy of the Year (for the virtual 2020 Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture)
- Gautrain: Best Online Competition, Online Strategy of the Year (both for the #MyGautrain campaign), Best Low Budget Campaign, Best Online PR Campaign, Most Viral Campaign (all three for the #BokJersey Springboks Homecoming campaign)
- Constitution Hill: Best Low Budget Campaign, Most Viral Campaign, Best Influencer Marketing Campaign by an Agency, Online Strategy of the Year (for the #MyCovidStorySA social media storytelling campaign)
- Heartlines: Most Viral Campaign by an Agency, Best Influencer Marketing Campaign by an Agency (for the #ValuesAndMoney social media campaign)
- Maropeng: Blogging Excellence, Blogging Excellence by an Agency
- Road Accident Fund: Best Integrated Marketing Campaign (for the #AlwaysRemember festive season road safety campaign)
- Legal and Tax: Best Corporate Website
- Wesgro: Best Corporate Website
- Table Mountain Aerial Cableway: Best Online Newsletter
- Flow Communications: Medium to Large Agency of the Year
“But we’re not harbouring any illusions that the competition this year isn’t stronger than ever,” says Tara.
“Every year, the number of New Generation Awards entries grows and the standard goes up. We’re competing against some of South Africa’s most celebrated and awarded agencies – and while it’s wonderful just to be counted among them, they’re going to give us a run for our money.
“We therefore look forward to the awards ceremony with great excitement and, understandably, a little trepidation.”
Flow Communications managing director Tiffany Turkington-Palmer also pays tribute to our clients, who inspire us to reach ever-greater heights.
“A big thank you to all our clients and partners who continue to trust us with their work and with their brands, and encourage us to produce excellent work on a daily basis,” Tiffany says.
The 2020 New Generation Social & Digital Media Awards take place online at 7pm on 23 September.