Flow’s passionate and dedicated public relations (PR) team offers effective and relevant ideas on building brands, developing and protecting corporate reputations, establishing long-term relationships with stakeholders, contributing towards the profitability of a business, and minimising the impact of reputation-damaging incidents.
We achieve this by using creative ideas based on a holistic strategy. We recognise the role of traditional media and new media as efficient channels to take a message or position to market, and create strategies that make the most effective use of innovative technologies that are changing the face of communications.
As a business, we look at the challenge before recommending a solution. We develop systems, procedures and tactics for our clients to allow them to simplify and effectively manage complex processes when dealing with a diverse stakeholder base with varied needs.
We have a diverse range of clients, from global brands to smaller, sometimes rather quirky clients.
- Media plans/strategies
- Media lists
- Media lobbying for coverage
- Media relationship-building
- Media training
- Briefing material for clients prior to all interactions with media
- Producing and placing opinion pieces
- Evaluating media trends and providing feedback to clients
- Development of press material – press statements, background information, bite books (standard responses and key messages), holding statements, Q&As, etc.
- Media monitoring
- Media coverage reports
- Media analysis
Communications strategy development (holistic)
We develop detailed implementation tactics that clearly specify what we are going to do, when, how and to what end.
- Leveraging all communications tools to create, enhance and defend the reputation of a business
- Specialist skills in the relatively new area of online reputation management
- Developing early-warning systems
- Prioritising issues
- Identifying and training crisis teams
- Developing holding statements
- Developing Q&As
- Developing and continually evaluating crisis management systems
- Conducting systems-readiness tests
- Specialist crisis media training
In 2017, Flow won a gold Loerie in the Public Relations category for the Nando’s Reconciliation Table campaign. We also won gold at the 2017 New Generation Social & Digital Media Awards in the Online PR category, for Filmfinity’s (previously Ster-Kinekor Entertainment) Ghostbusters promotional campaign.
At the 2018 PRISM Awards, Flow won gold in the Healthcare category for its SANBS Hyperimmune Campaign, and in the 2018 New Generation Awards, Flow won a silver for Best Online PR Campaign for the 16th Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture, presented by Barack Obama.
2022 was a big year for the team as we walked away with 21 trophies at the PRISM Awards, including Best Large Consultancy of the Year.
And in 2023, we won 14 awards at the PRISMs, including gold for our work on the launch of the Johannesburg-Abidjan Air Côte d’Ivoire route and silver in the Best Large Public Relations Consultancy category.
Get in touch with us
Tel: +27 (0)87 095 8182