Flow’s passionate and dedicated public relations (PR) team offers effective and relevant ideas on building brands, developing and protecting corporate reputations, establishing long-term relationships with stakeholders, contributing towards the profitability of a business, and minimising the impact of reputation-damaging incidents.
We achieve this by using creative ideas based on a holistic strategy. We recognise the role of traditional media and new media platforms as efficient channels to take a message or position to market, and create strategies that make the most effective use of innovative technologies that are changing the face of communications.
As a business, we look at the challenge first before recommending a solution. We develop systems, procedures and tactics for our clients to allow them to simplify and effectively manage complex processes when dealing with a diverse stakeholder base with varied needs.
We have a diverse range of clients, from global brands to smaller, sometimes rather quirky clients.
- Media plans/strategies
- Media lists
- Media lobbying for coverage
- Media relationship-building
- Media training
- Briefing material for clients prior to all interactions with media
- Producing and placing opinion pieces
- Evaluating media trends and providing feedback to clients
- Development of press material – press statements, background information, bite books (standard responses and key messages), holding statements, Q&As, etc.
- Media monitoring
- Media coverage reports
- Media analysis
Communications strategy development (holistic)
We develop detailed implementation tactics that clearly specify what we are going to do, when, how and to what end.
- Leveraging all communications tools to create, enhance and defend the reputation of a business
- Specialist skills in the relatively new area of online reputation management
- Developing an early-warning system
- Prioritising issues
- Identifying and training crisis teams
- Developing holding statements
- Developing Q&As
- Developing and continually evaluating crisis-management systems
- Conducting systems readiness tests
- Specialist crisis media training
In 2017, Flow won a gold Loerie in the Public Relations category for the Nando’s Reconciliation Table campaign. We also won gold at the 2017 New Generation Social & Digital Media Awards in the Online PR category, for Filmfinity’s (previously Ster-Kinekor Entertainment) Ghostbusters promotional campaign.
At 2018’s PRISM Awards, Flow won Gold in the Healthcare category for its SANBS Hyperimmune Campaign, and in the 2018 New Generation Awards, Flow won a silver for Best Online PR Campaign for the 16th Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture with Barack Obama.