South Africa is facing many pressing challenges, including unemployment and a legacy of inequality – but if we want to fix these, we cannot ignore climate change. Scientists and activists are warning, ever louder, that the threat of climate change is no longer tomorrow’s problem. It’s today’s, and if we don’t act right now, we will pass the tipping point where it will no longer be possible to fix our planet.
Irreversible climate change is almost upon us, but it can be stopped – if we all act. Now.
The forthcoming Climate 360 conference is an opportunity to become part of a powerful movement in South Africa to stop climate change.
Climate 360 is a high-profile, virtual conference taking place on 18 and 19 November 2021. It is hosted by the EU Delegation to South Africa in partnership with the embassies of Denmark, Finland, Flanders, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal and Sweden, taking a Team Europe approach. It aims to showcase pioneers in the climate change space, and their solutions and innovations; celebrate progress and future-focused thinking; provide a platform for thought leadership and new, emerging climate change voices; and run a competition to identify, highlight and award South African champions in the climate change space.
Climate 360 boasts a roster of internationally acclaimed, authoritative voices around climate, the environment and leadership. They include:
- Vusi Thembekwayo, an acclaimed business leader and global speaker. He is the CEO of a boutique investment and advisory firm. Vusi has been featured in the likes of Entrepreneur magazine and Forbes
- Emiley Vollmer, an entrepreneur and a banker by profession, who has an amazing life story to share. She will speak about her passion: the circular economy and job creation
- Akhona Xotyeni, a passionate climate, youth and human rights activist. Akhona is currently primarily a youth climate consultant, public speaker and writer on climate-related topics and policies
- Khanyi Mlambo-Chaba, a passionate advocate for driving shared value between business and society. She coaches, advises, writes, speaks and mentors on responsible business, impact investing, personal leadership and shared value
- And the people of South Africa. A central focus of Climate 360 is a competition in which entrepreneurs and innovators in the field of climate change can win one of five awesome trips worth R65 000 each to Brussels and Paris, just for showcasing their climate innovation! Every finalist will be asked to present at the conference
Register for Climate 360 today
Register for the Climate 360 conference here: https://us06web.zoom.us/webina...