There was much whooping and fist-pumping at Flow’s three regional offices on Thursday night at the news that we had won seven awards at this year’s New Generation Social & Digital Media Awards.
“This is such a proud moment for Flow and a strong affirmation of the work we are doing. Winning awards in different categories is testament to how we have expanded within the communications sector over the past decade,” said Flow CEO Tara Turkington.
“Huge thanks to our Flowstars, whose hard work and dedication to excellence make the magic happen every day. And to our amazing clients, who constantly motivate us to seek innovative approaches to our work.”
Flow won awards in the following categories:
- Silver for most innovative use of social media for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation #BestOfAfrica campaign
- Bronze for best low-budget campaign for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation #BestOfAfrica campaign
- Bronze for most innovative business app developed by a corporate for City Sightseeing’s “bus-iness” app
- Silver for best social media reach from an event for the Nelson Mandela Foundation’s 2016 Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture
- Silver for best corporate website for The Collection by Liz McGrath
- Gold for best online newsletter for the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway
- Gold for the best app developed by an agency for City Sightseeing
Initiated in 2013 to acknowledge the work done by corporate marketers and media agencies, the New Generation Social & Digital Media Awards have become a benchmark against which those in the marketing and media sector measure their success.
In attendance at the awards – held at the Focus Rooms conferencing venue in Sandton – were representatives from all sectors of the South African communications industry, gathered to recognise communications excellence.
From CEOs to social media managers, app developers and digital campaign managers, the industry was well represented, including an enthusiastic Flow contingent.
“It was brilliant being a part of the awards evening – it was my first and was a really memorable experience. I’m also honoured to be part of a winning team,” said Camilla Kohlmeyer, Flow social media strategist.
Gail Cameron, head of Flow’s project management team, said, “Thanks to the New Generation Awards for a great event! The food, drinks and entertainment were great, and winning seven awards just topped it off! Well done to all Flowstars involved.”
For the 2016 awards entries, we selected the best of our work across multiple communications platforms, and then whittled these down to 20 entries, of which 19 received nominations by the judging panel.
Here are some images from the evening: