Our approach to awards
At Flow, we believe our work for our clients comes first. We are committed to never doing work with awards first in mind, or doing work only for the purpose of entering awards.
New Generation Awards (2016)
Flow walked away with seven New Generation digital awards in 2016: two golds, which included best app developed by an agency, three silvers and two bronze.
The list of awards:
- Best app developed by an agency – Gold (City Sightseeing)
- Best online newsletter – Gold (Table Mountain Aerial Cableway)
- Best social media reach from an event – Silver (Nelson Mandela Foundation's 2016 Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture)
- Best corporate website – Silver (The Collection by Liz McGrath)
- Most innovative use of social media – Silver (Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation #BestOfAfrica campaign)
- Best low-budget campaign – Bronze (Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation #BestOfAfrica campaign)
- Most innovative business app developed by a corporate – Bronze (City Sightseeing's "bus-iness" app)
Read the related article: Flow wins seven New Generation awards
New Generation Awards (2015)
Showcasing the diversity of the work done by Flow Communications, we were nominated for 10 awards and walked away with seven, for work done for five different clients.
The list of awards:
- Best community engagement – Silver (South African Tourism for #MeetSouthAfrica campaign)
- Best corporate website – Silver (Table Mountain Aerial Cableway)
- Most viral campaign – Silver (Nelson Mandela Foundation for Mandela Day 2015)
- Best integrated marketing campaign – Bronze (Hollard for Daredevil Run)
- Most innovative app – Bronze (South African Tourism for Madiba’s Journey)
- Online strategy of the year – Bronze (SAA – Ebola)
- Best app developed – Bronze (South African Tourism for Madiba’s Journey)
Read the related article: Flow scoops seven New Generation Awards
New Generation Awards (2014)
Flow scooped six New Generation digital awards – two gold and four silver, for work done for South African Tourism, Mandela Day (through the Nelson Mandela Foundation) and the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) South Africa, some of our biggest clients.
The list of awards is:
- Excellence in content marketing – Gold (South African Tourism)
- Top graphic designer award – Gold (Mandela Day)
- Legacy award – Silver (South African Tourism for #MeetSouthAfrica campaign)
- Best low budget campaign – Silver (WWF-SA for #iam4rhinos campaign)
- Best use of social media in a loyalty programme – Silver (#MeetSouthAfrica)
- Innovative use of digital media – Silver (South African Tourism for the Big Five)
Read the related article: Flow scoops awards at the New Generation Social and Digital Media Awards
Gold Cannes Lion (2013)
Cape Town Tourism’s Facebook campaign, "My Cape Town Holiday", won a Cannes Lions Gold Award in the Branded Content category. Cape Town Tourism partnered with Ogilvy Cape Town and Flow Communications to conceptualise and develop the Facebook app that underpinned the campaign.
Read the related article: Cape Town Tourism wins gold at Cannes Lions
Gold Loerie Award (2013)
Flow won a Gold Loerie for our work on the "My Cape Town Holiday" Facebook app campaign.
Read the related Cape Town Tourism article here: 2013 Gold Loerie Award for Cape Town Tourism