Flow Communications is looking for a talented, creative digital designer to join our Cape Town team.
Are you able to map out user-experience design for a website fast and efficiently, while also being able to conceptualise a look and feel for print media? Then you might be the person we’re looking for!
To conceptualise, design, prototype and execute creative solutions that consistently and clearly communicate clients’ brand identities, positioning and messaging through all brand touchpoints.
We’re looking for a person who can see the whole picture, build client relationships, scope a project, problem-solve effectively and communicate exceptionally well.
If you have five years’ experience, have designed great websites that work, and are looking to grow your skills across a variety of clients, keep reading.
- Design user-friendly websites
- Create or evolve brand-identity designs
- Create print and editorial layouts
- Work closely and collaboratively with other teams on creative projects
- Develop your professional skills on a daily basis
- Keep abreast of the latest digital trends
- Interact with project managers, other designers and strategists to develop creative concepts
- Work within given time frames and log time daily
- Present design work to involved parties for review and final approval
- Graphic design qualification – diploma or degree
- Five years’ experience in design (web design is imperative)
- Experience in creating design systems for websites and applications
- Brand-identity design experience
- Video production experience would be beneficial
- Solid presentation, listening and communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage and execute multiple projects
- Be a solution-oriented hard worker who is passionate about visual/functional design and layout
- Be proactive, with the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- A professional, positive attitude with a strong work ethic and willingness to observe and learn
- Take direction well and be able to excel in a highly collaborative work environment
- Ensure all work consistently meets established brand standards and guidelines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, Creative Cloud, InDesign, video editing programs (Adobe After Effects, Premier), PowerPoint and Google office ecosystem (Slides, Docs, Drive, Gmail, Calendar)
Please submit your CV, together with a covering letter that demonstrates your communication abilities. Your covering letter should summarise why you’re a good fit for Flow Communications.
Please also provide a portfolio and two contactable references.
The ideal candidate’s portfolio will show experience in digital and print design, as well as corporate identity development (video editing experience and/or knowledge in user-experience best practice will be beneficial).
Submit your application to Sarah-Jane Viljoen (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications close Thursday 7 November 2019.
Remuneration: negotiable, depending on experience (but market-related)
Province: Western Cape
City: Cape Town
Job level: Midweight to senior
Own transport required: Yes
Travel requirements: Occasional
Please note: Flow does not accept unsolicited approaches from recruitment agencies.