Flow Communications is looking for a talented, creative designer to join our Cape Town team.
Are you able to come up with online design solutions at the drop of a hat, while also having the experience and expertise to come up with extensive conceptual layouts for print media? Then you might be the person we’re looking for!
To conceptualise, design, prototype and execute creative solutions that consistently and clearly communicate clients’ brand identities, positioning and messaging through all brand touchpoints.
We’re looking for a person who can see the whole picture, build client relationships, scope a project, problem-solve effectively, and communicate exceptionally well. If you’re a self-starter, a team player and passionate about delivering quality work on time and on budget, please keep reading.
- Craft impressive digital designs
- Create or evolve brand-identity designs
- Create print and editorial layouts
- Work closely and collaboratively with other teams on creative projects
- Develop your professional skills on a daily basis
- Keep abreast of the latest digital trends
- Interact with project managers, designers and strategists to develop creative concepts and executions
- Work within given time frames and log time accurately and daily
- Present design work at various stages to involved parties for review and final approval
- Support public relations, project management, content, social media and sales teams in creating material
- Graphic design qualification – diploma or degree
- Three to five years’ experience
- Mac literate
- Possess solid presentation, listening and communication skills
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently
- Have strong organisational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage and execute multiple projects
- Solution-oriented, hard worker who is passionate about visual/functional design and layout
- Proactive, with the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Professional, positive attitude, with a strong work ethic and willingness to observe and learn
- Take direction well and be able to excel in a highly collaborative work environment
- Ensure all work consistently meets established brand standards and guidelines
- Attentive to detail
- Be able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, Creative Cloud, InDesign, video editing programs (Adobe After Effects, Premier), PowerPoint and Google office ecosystem (Slides, Docs, Drive, Gmail, Calendar)
Please submit your CV, together with a covering letter that demonstrates your communication abilities. Your covering letter should summarise why you’re a good fit for Flow Communications.
Please also provide a portfolio and two contactable references.
The ideal candidate’s portfolio will show experience in digital and print design, as well as corporate identity development (video editing experience and/or knowledge in user-experience best practice will be beneficial).
Submit your application to Sarah-Jane Viljoen (email@example.com).
Remuneration: Negotiable, depending on experience (but market related)
Province: Western Cape
City: Cape Town
Job level: Midweight
Own transport required: Yes
Travel requirements: Occasional
Please note: Flow does not accept unsolicited approaches from recruitment agencies.